After many years of tourist photography (going back to a Pentax h1a when "auto exposure" meant "f/16 at 1/ASA in sunlight"), I finally have time to work more seriously on this and other avocations. I've attended a number of workshops, and have studied individually with professional architectural and fine art photographer Robert Hansen.
• 1st career: architect (1 year in school, 1 house built)
• 2nd career: school band director (3 years)
• 3rd career: U.S. Air Force officer (20 years)
• 4th career: college professor, computer science (20 years). For a quick intro to color theory, see the Color Tutorial that I developed for my classes.
• 5th career: consultant and lecturer in Web design for persons with disabilities.
• 6th career: photographer (aspiring)
For all the details, see my personal web site biography page
Some of these images already enliven the walls of homes in Southern California and Arizona as fine art prints, in sizes from 10"x14" to 40"x60". Many are also available for purchase or licensing from Robert Hansen's stock image gallery.
Of eight images that I submitted to the 2011 COLOR magazine contest, none won an award (no surprise) but all are posted on the magazine's web site (big surprise).